Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Expansion of paperless check-in


A few months ago I wrote about using Continental's paperless check-in service at EWR. I also mentioned when Delta started their trial at LGA. Earlier this week USA Today carried the good news that TSA have approved these trials and the service will be rolled out across the US. I was especially please to see that Delta will be introducing paperless check-in at two airports that I use on a regular basis, Orlando and Atlanta. No word of this on the Delta web-site yet, so I hope that USA Today's information is correct.
The other big question, now that Orlando and Atlanta are on the list, is whether Clear, who operate at both of these airports, will also have the necessary bar code readers. Hopefully they will, so I can save a tree or two.

Thanks TSA, finally a useful step forward

No comments: