Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Windows Mobile & Active Sync

After switching a few montha ago to a Windows Mobile phone, I was pleased to be able to sync up my important data, e.g. email, calendar, tasks, and contacts, using a wireless data connection. Because my previous company is using Lotus notes for email, I had to buy extra software, mNotes, and service to do this from CommonTime. I really enjoyed the increase in productivity that this brought, but was a little disappointed at the extra costs involved, and some small issues that occurred with mNotes.
I recently chnaged employers and was glad to find that my new employer uses MS-Exchange, so that I was able to use the built-in ActiveSync linkage. So now I have a connection, without any extra costs, other than my normal unlimited data plan, and all my important data is immediately sent to my phone. In fact, in many cases, emails arrive on the phone before they arrive on the laptop, even though both are connected at the same time. And knowing the new data added to the phone, such as contacts or appointments, is immediately transferred to my account on the main server means that I do not have to worry about losing key data.

As a certain fast food chain says: "I'm lovin' it!"

No comments: