Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Friday, June 20, 2008

StuffBak WORKS!

Earlier this week I was devastated to find that I had dropped my phone while travelling. I knew roughly where I had done so, so retraced my steps, but to no avail. I tried all the usual things, calling the phone, sending an SMS message and calling the 'Lost and Found' at the car rental where I dropped the phone. I was just getting ready to call ATT to order a replacement when I received a call from StuffBak, saying that my phone had been found and helping me arrange for its return. For those who do not know this service, StuffBak sells stickers, at electronic retailers, office supplies stores or online, which offer a reward for calling an 800 number (or accessing a website) if an item is found. Each sticker has a unique code number, which enables Stuffbak to relate it back to the owner. I my case, it was a Hertz employee who found it and called Stuffbak.

I have had these stickers on various items for a while now, unfortunately not on some items that I have misplaced over the last couple of years, so this was the first time I had actually lost a tagged item. Of course I was very pleased to receive the phone call as I had really given up hope. StuffBak claims a 75% success rate, and while I originally thought this might be advertising hype, I now believe them. In fact I am so happy about this that I am recommending that my employer join their corporate program.

Thank you StuffBak

N.B. More Kudos to Hertz as well, their 'Lost & Found' department voicemail promises only return calls if an item is found, but they did call me to say that my phone had not been turned in to them. Once again, great service from Hertz. It is this kind of service that keeps me coming back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya these things work, there are others also like www.returnmoi.com and www.trakitback.com that are similar services but different service types.