Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fed up with Epix

About a year ago I posted about switching to a new phone, and promised a follow up when I had more experience with the phone. Well I am afraid that my experience has been bad, on a number issues.
  • I am plagued with the phone freezing frequently, sometimes daily but never less than every third day. (Could be a WM 6.1 issue)
  • Recently my USB connection seems to have stopped working.
  • ATT & Samsung promised an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5, a supposedly more stable operating system, but nothing has materialized.
  • There is a known bug in the ROM which means when you use the GPS functionality, the battery runs down in about an hour, instead of lasting most of the day.

Luckily I got a good deal when I purchased this phone, but it looks as if I may have to "invest" my savings in paying early termination fees and either getting a new phone or switching to a new carrier. I will list some alternatives and criteria in a separate post.

No comments: