Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Paperless check-in

It haas been a while since I posted, which corresponds with a spell working from home, so not much travel. However my travel is picking up again, and I do want to mention one major change.
On my recent DL flights I have managed to travel totally paperless. While I have used mobile check in before, I always had a paper copy as backup. When I derived to Android I discovered that the Delta online check-in with mobile option was sending an xml file that my phone did not interpret. So back to paper. Then DL released their Android app, which enabled check-in and download of the relevant boarding passes. But it did not allow printing of a paper backup. So I tried it out and ' bingo', I was able to use my mobile boarding passes on all segments.
Since then I have also made a trip on AA, with the same success after installing their app.

No more paper for me

No comments: