Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Friday, August 22, 2008

More (good) technology news from Delta

On a couple of recent flights I was privileged to experience some of the new changes to Delta's interiors. One of the surprises was the availability of USB power at all seats ,yes including coach! One was on a 737, I think 800 series, which will found regularily on domestic flights, long and short. The second was on a 757-200 (Ex-TWA seating according to Seatguru) which had been refurbished with intercontinental seating (electric lie flat style, masses of legroom and in seat 110V or USB).
The USB connections are great for recharging a cell phone, especially since I find that I am tending to run out at the end of the day with my Treo 750. I was thinking of buying a second battery, but think I might not need to with this new power source. Of course, it is not available in all aircraft yet, but I hope that Delta will install these outlets out as they roll out their in-flight WiFi.

Way to go Delta, you are thinking of us frequent business travellers again - thanks

No comments: