Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Monday, July 28, 2008

Useful gadget

A while back I mentioned how much I love my TomTom GPS solution running on my phone. One of the problems has been finding a place to balance the phone on the (rental) car dashboard. After having the phone fall off, normally at an inconvenient time. My GPS came with a windshield holder, but it is quite a large piece of equipment, and by briefcase is already pretty full. So I decided to get an airvent holder, and found I should have bought one of these much sooner. This gizmo holds the phone so that the screen is easily visible while driving. When using the car charger cable the phone battery, which normally runs hot while charging, is kept cool by the air coming out of the vent.
[Sorry no pictures of the phone in the holder, as I used the phone to take the pictures]

No comments: