Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Monday, July 28, 2008

Weather discrepancy

Last week I was getting ready to leave for my 90 minute drive to EWR and decided to check fly.faa.gov. The FAA was showing 75 minutes delays at EWR, due to low ceiling (low clouds). I have complained earlier about how quickly these two runway airports back up, so was not surprised. However, on the drive up to the airport I was surprised that the sky was beautifully clear, so reckoned that the delays would be over. I checked the flight status on pda.continental.com and my flight was confirmed as 'On time'.

As I rushed to the gate (I had left the office a little later than planned) I noticed that there were a lot of people standing around at the gate. Yes, the flight was not boarding on time. In fact, about twenty minutes after the official boarding time, the display board at the gate suddenly had a new departure time, ninety minutes later than scheduled. So even in good weather EWR continues to be plagued with delays.

In flying in and out of EWR over the last 12 odd weeks I have had only one flight, in or out, that left on time. So time for a change, I an going to give my nemesis, PHL, another chance.

No comments: