Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The dreaded PHL curse strikes yet again

This evening, as I drove through the airport to the car rental returns, I noticed that there was a major backup of traffic approaching the terminal. Not wanting to spend 20-30 minutes in the shuttle bus to the terminal, I decided to use shanks pony (foot power). The Avis lot is just across the road from the Marriott and I had seen signs in the terminal pointing to the Marriott. So I figured that would be the way to go. I should have known better! Still, I did get a good exercise session out of it. It turned out to be quite an odyssey, with not real route and very little in the way of signage. The few signs which I saw were also pretty confusing. So 15 minutes later I finally arrived at one of the terminal A security checkpoints. The silver lining to this cloud was that I had found such a little used route that the checkpoint had absolutely no line at all; it was hidden away in a corridor.

The, further to the JD Power survey, boarding through Delta's gate A13 was a total disaster in terms of layout to accommodate anxious passengers and a very poor PA system, which made almost all announcements virtually unintelligible.

Sorry JD Power you got it wrong

No comments: