Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Friday, February 27, 2009

Zivio Update

I have been using the Zivio BlueTooth headset (see earlier post) for a week now, so thought I would give my initial feedback.
  1. Sound quality is excellent, I hear no complaints or comments from people at the other end, and I can hear everything very clearly. I have used it in windy conditions and on the streets of New York, which are good tests of the noise reduction.
  2. Like other headsets which I have used, I cannot get a perfect fit, so it feels a little loose now and then. But with the magnetic ear loop, I do not feel in danger of losing the device and a quick press and it is reseated in the ear.
  3. Battery life is great, I still have not recharged since its initial charge at the weekend. I do not use the headset all day like some, normally about an hour in the morning and evening each, with longer usage on Sundays and Thursday/Fridays while travelling. But I fully expect it to match the published 10 hour talk time.
  4. Voice command is more reliable than with my nXZen headset, only very occasionally does the phone not recognize my command (and require re-initiating VC).
  5. The device is defintely lighter than my nXZen and I could, if I wanted, easily wear it all day.

So while not the cheapest of headsets, this is definitely a keeper!

No comments: