Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Friday, August 7, 2009

Expanding My Social Network Footprint

I have now added a number of tools to connect the diffferent social networks and this blog. For example, ping.fm allows me to make one posting which is replicated across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and this blog, see the "ready for the weekend" posting below. TripIt provides details of my journeys, and Flightmemory shows the history of my flights.

TripIt is very useful beacuse I can forward the confirmation emails from airline, hotel and rental car to have all details in one place. Once consolidated, I generate a single update to my Outlook calendar, so I also have the information on my phone. Previously I had to add each mode of travel separately, which took quite a bit of time.

No comments: