Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Phone saves the day

Actually, the phone did help out quite a bit on my one day trip last week. I arrived at the airport and was waiting for my colleague to pick me up before the meeting. I got a frantic call that a serious error had been discovered in the document which we had prepared and had printed at Fedex Office. I was able to download the document, from my sent items in email, and make the necessary corrections in Office mobile. The corrected document was then emailed to a nearby Fedex where my colleague stopped by and had the offending page replaced in the books already prepared. All told this was adetour of less than 45 minutes, which was the extra time that we had before our meeting.
Samsung saves the day! Technically I could have done this on my Treo 750, but it was much slower and less reliable.

1 comment:

FlyGracefully said...

I was very hesitant to get a smart phone for a while b/c I didn't see the need. I'm definitely not a crackberry addict, but having a smartphone has definitely come in handy trying to remember what rental car company I was using that week or keeping electronic copies of my passport and stuff like that.