Flight Statistics (since 1/1/2009)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Philly Stake

In my new job and new project I am "blessed" to have the opportunity to fly through Philadelphia. I had my first trip this week, and was wondering how the aiport had changed compared to my experiences a number of years ago. In the past I found that PHL was pretty much the worst airport to fly through. Not just the terminal, but for some reason the support facilities, specifically car rental, also match the airport in terms of my rating.

After deplaning (USAir, which contributed to my negative demeanour) I was optimistic as we had arrived at the new terminal A. Everything looked quite good, until I stepped out to for the rental shuttle. The pickup lane was packed with parked cars, sorry, waiting cars so that the rental and parking shuttles were having to line up to collect their passengers. When building such a nice new terminal I would have expected that a better solution for private and shuttle pickups would have been incorporated into the design.

And then, not contrary to my expectations, I had to wait almost 20 minutes for my Avis rental shuttle. In that time two or three of the competitors' buses passed by. But of course, if I had booked a car with any other company, its shuttles would have been delayed. There is just something about PHL and I that do not mix.

Hopefully on my way out my bad luck will have run out. Again I am optimistic, especially since I noticed that Delta have moved from the old E terminal to the new A terminal.

No comments: